Mixposure
@mixposure

New Member Upload Limit

Admin
Admin
@admin
9 years ago
128 posts
So back a few years ago when new members signed up we limited artists to 3 songs. In order to upload the remaining song, they had to complete 5 song reviews. After 24 hours they could then upload the remaining songs. When we revamped Mixposure we removed this code and just never put it back in. After some conversation, we decided to put it back in.

Why did we add this back in? Mixposure has always been a heavy song review site. That is the way it should be. We want to encourage artists to make more music and collaborate with other Mixposure musicians. In placing the limits back in, we hope that everyone will continue to reciprocate with reviews!

What is a song review? "Cool tune" is not a song review. I encourage artists to delete reviews like this. A song review should express what you feel and be longer that 4 words. Typical song reviews might explain why you like it or what could be changed to improve it. If you are a mastering guru, you might suggest some mixing tweaks.

What if I hate it? Many people hate the Beatles music and U2 and Apple just showed that not everyone likes U2 either. Let's face it, if we all liked the same music we would have one or two genres. BORING!! If you truly despise a song, I would suggest choosing another tune. If you want to review it, make it constructive and not personal. "Worst song ever", "This song blows" are not constructive. "Your chorus could be stronger and you should really tune your guitar before you record" might be a better start!

Please review some songs everyone!!
updated by @admin: 07/22/17 09:32:02AM
Farrell Jackson
Farrell Jackson
@farrell-jackson
9 years ago
24 posts
I think that is a good decision! I was wondering why there were so many songs from new members posted all in a row. I just thought they were busy reviewing other members songs. I get a little lax from time time on giving detailed reviews so thanks for the reminder that everyone deserves better than a "well done!" comment on their creations.
songdoc
songdoc
@david-c-deal
9 years ago
2 posts
Super idea to limit new member postings until they review others songs. That will solve many problems. I do not, however, believe regular reviewing can truly catch on again unless it becomes much easier to communicate with people who have reviewed. Everyone is used to text messaging, Facebook chat, twitter etc where communication paths are easy, obvious and quick. This creates a sense of relationship which leads to other things such as collaborations and increased interest in each others art. Most of my relationships with Mixposure members to this day began in "the old days" when one of us offered a song review, and we began talking back and forth with the "reply" button. As long as communicating with others after reviews is cumbersome it simply won't frequently happen in a manner that develops active relationships. Without active relationships the Mix community increasingly becomes a song posting site. I do want to throw in the major exception to this comment which is the wonderful work offered by our Mix DJ's and the chat rooms during the shows.
Smoothsilk
Smoothsilk
@smoothsilk
9 years ago
1 posts
Greetings ~ Everybody... We Share Support for Southern Soul, RnB.. Are there any Dj's Playing - Supporting S-S, RnB Music ..
elektronz
@elektronz
9 years ago
2 posts
i think i should have unlimited uploads simply because i dont think anyones asked for that yet ,,so ill be the first lol ...also i invented the phrase rockstep ,spockerized and thrapping ,,so on those three gems alone i should at least get 100 uploads ,,,i know 50 is well sweet but im having to delete some tunes cos i basically write too dam fast lol ...or should i just shut the hell up ,,take my meds and keep my job as chief caterer and keeper of the keys of chat ...i can handle that lol
Admin
Admin
@admin
9 years ago
128 posts
I will see if we can create the 150,000 song upload limit. :)

Tags

Dislike 0