CrazyAxe
@crazyaxe

Hendrix IF ALIVE

CrazyAxe1
CrazyAxe1
@crazyaxe
15 years ago
0 posts
If Hendrix were still alive today, would he have changed ROCK & ROLL Again!
updated by @crazyaxe: 08/05/13 09:56:56PM
Dazed
Dazed
@dazed
15 years ago
48 posts
I think he would have. He changed a lot of what was done so my guess is he would not have settled and would have tried to stretch the boundaries even more.
updated by @dazed: 08/05/13 09:56:56PM
planetjazzbass
@planetjazzbass
15 years ago
0 posts
I love Jimi..he was my boyhood musical hero..however in answer to this question I think not..he would most certainly of had an influence on the developing style of contemporary music with unfulfilled collaborations with the likes of Miles Davis which sadly never eventuated because of his untimely death...but as surely as he was a guitar God the writing was already on the wall for the lead guitarist...with beat music starting it's inexorable rise and the receding role of frontman guitarists.
updated by @planetjazzbass: 08/05/13 09:56:56PM
ftlpope2
ftlpope2
@the-sorrows-of-the-languedoc
15 years ago
0 posts
Well the stuff by Hendrix that is truly great cannot be matched but I think he was drifting a bit musically at the end and even then the Experience backing was wonderfully idiosyncratic but often a bit wooden. I suspect a Hendrix/Davis experience would have been a dog's breakfast. Rarely have these cross genre meeting been rewarding. I an a case miles Davis is a whole different thing - the relentless development and anticipation of the new style and creation of super stars with the same attitude is unsurpassed. I am not sure that any rock guitarist has been so consistently challenging - how many times do we hear 'I like them until the third album.' Ultimately I think that Jimi Hendrix represented a supreme synthesis of what had gone before - no mean achievement. ftlpope
updated by @the-sorrows-of-the-languedoc: 08/05/13 09:56:56PM

Tags

Dislike 0