Mixposure
@mixposure

G.A.S.

Farrell Jackson
Farrell Jackson
@farrell-jackson
11 years ago
24 posts
Hi, my name is Farrell Jackson and I am a G.A.S-aholic (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) and I have run out of room to store my acquisitions. Are there any others out there afflicted with this problem....not the G.A.S. but with a storage issue :o)?
updated by @farrell-jackson: 08/12/23 02:56:57AM
Dazed
Dazed
@dazed
11 years ago
48 posts
No but I would like to acquire some gear. I am feeling left out.
cooter
@cooter
11 years ago
4 posts
Farrell, I do not have a storage problem. I would certainly be happy to store some of your gear here, if you wish. :)
Farrell Jackson
Farrell Jackson
@farrell-jackson
11 years ago
24 posts
Cool Cooter! I'll be sending a truck load of gigging gear your way. I hope you have a large storage area which will also accommodate me and my drinking buddies when we get the desire to jam away all night. Maybe in my younger days but I think you're safe from a musical invasion, lol!

Farrell
Dazed
Dazed
@dazed
11 years ago
48 posts
You know, you have to love a community that supports its fellow members by offering them storage space for their gear. Kooder thanks for stepping up :)
truevulgarian
truevulgarian
@the-truevulgarians
11 years ago
3 posts
"Hi, I"m truevulgarian and I'm a G.A.S.-aholic!"

Looking at the bright side, at least you're a functional G.A.S.-aholic!
I find storage issues to become even more of a problem when you find yourself sneaking the equipment into your home and then trying to explain it's "magical" appearance...
Gene
Gene
@gene-smith
11 years ago
17 posts
Just tell her you are keeping it for Farrell Bill lol
2012 BC
2012 BC
@2012-bc
11 years ago
1 posts
I'm selling the couch so I can add three more guitar racks...may need to borrow some of that donated space to sleep in.
Farrell Jackson
Farrell Jackson
@farrell-jackson
11 years ago
24 posts
My GAS has me In serious trouble, I just bought a new Fender Jaguar modern player guitar and my wife doesn't know yet. Maybe I can hide it in an existing case, lol. Any ideas?
Admin
Admin
@admin
11 years ago
128 posts
when she asks just say you have had it for years but rarely play it.
Farrell Jackson
Farrell Jackson
@farrell-jackson
11 years ago
24 posts
Well so far so good. My new Jaguar axe arrived and so far the wife's axe me no questions. It helped that it was delivered under the cloak of darkness because the UPS man was running late. It's now safely hidden in an old case until the wife heads off to work.....I feel so bad but not that bad, lol!

Farrell
Gene
Gene
@gene-smith
11 years ago
17 posts
You crack me up Farrell! lol
Farrell Jackson
Farrell Jackson
@farrell-jackson
11 years ago
24 posts
The new Jaguar guitar is now out of the closet. The wife knows about it and I'm still in her good graces. Of course the loaded gift card at her favorite place to shop for clothes helped, lol!

Farrell
Gene
Gene
@gene-smith
11 years ago
17 posts
lol
Bill B
Bill B
@bill-b
10 years ago
5 posts
I used to keep just two guitars, a strat and a box, but I got bored and needed more variety of sounds so bout more electrics but I have no room for electric guitar cases so I have a gator bass case...I got the idea from Frank, "one size fits all"
thas fine, but, except my box of course, it has to have its own. I just acquired a Charvel Pro Mod and it comes with a case I think Ill have to keep...in the trunk of the car :-)

recently Ive been thinking of getting another amp like a fender deluxe to get some clean tones...but...naw...
Farrell Jackson
Farrell Jackson
@farrell-jackson
10 years ago
24 posts
Ok the G.A.S. got me again.....I fell off the wagon...again! On occasion I've run out of room on my trusty old Fostex VF160 (16 track) recorder that I've been using for the last 13 years. M.F. ran a Stupid Deal of the Day on a Tascam DP32 (32 tracks) that I couldn't pass up. So it's now mine...the precious is mine I tell you!

Does anyone know the number of the G.A.S. rehab center?

Farrell
Admin
Admin
@admin
10 years ago
128 posts
LOL Farrell. 1-800-2Buy-PRS but I think it is a scam where they really talk you into buying PRS Guitars.
Gene
Gene
@gene-smith
10 years ago
17 posts
He! He!
mikestrat664
@mikestrat664
10 years ago
11 posts
My name is Michael Paul Stratton, and I am a funny hip hop music artist, please check out my funny songs for laughs, and giggles!
mikestrat664
@mikestrat664
9 years ago
11 posts
Hello, this is Michael Paul Stratton, Please check out my new funny hip hop songs XD!
Farrell Jackson
Farrell Jackson
@farrell-jackson
9 years ago
24 posts
I'm afraid I fell off the wagon again.....deep into Gasland. Two deals popped up recently that I "just" couldn't pass up. The first was a double octave fuzz pedal by VOX called The Trike. The second was a 2013 American made Gibson 50's SG Tribute with P90 pups. I just had to have them both so gave in to the G.A.S. urge. They are both sweet sounding and the SG is fantastic. The best thing is that my wife knows about them and I'm still alive to talk about it. Just call me GASMAN, lol!

Farrell
cooter
@cooter
9 years ago
4 posts
Mr Mayuh, I just purchased a NOS Mullard CV4024 (12AT7). However, it does not diminish my storage areas at all. The offer still stands, my friend.

By the way, I DO have enough room for you and all your drinking buddies, and would love to have you guys around. Except for the guy who likes to hang upside down at Cabo Wabo. ;)

And, my wife says I could only let y'all out on weekends. But that's when she lets me out, too. So that should work out fine.
Admin
Admin
@admin
9 years ago
128 posts
nice!! seems like a lot are buying stuff right now. Tax returns? :)
Gene
Gene
@gene-smith
9 years ago
17 posts
What is this G.A.S. of which you speak? I have it NOT! (note please ignore the new profile pic ;) )

Tags

Dislike 0