Mixposure
@mixposure

perform on mobile

harryv1
harryv1
@harry-v-singer-songwriter
7 years ago
3 posts
Hi guys, can any one advice me here: I have trouble letting mixposure play on mobile, looked for a app, can't find it. Does it exist at all and do you have any tips to make this work?
I hope that mixposure will be a worthy opponent to all playlists like deezer and spotify and, these days too, soundcloud. They all cost an arm and a leg and keep asking for more and more, especially soundcloud has made some deplorable decisions lately that make the urge to break away more eminent than ever.
Hope any one can tell me how to make mobile phone work with mixposure.
Admin
Admin
@admin
7 years ago
128 posts
Mix should work on mobile devices. What issue should are you having? It is hard to support every device but iOS and Android should be good.
harryv1
harryv1
7 years ago
3 posts
There are several issues: 1. Listening to radio:
I tried listening to radio some time ago, it would not keep playing for longer than a minute. After that it was gone completely, it just kept loading and would not play again.
2. Sharing songs: when I share songs through email on many addresses the mail does not arrive (high risk of spam), mixposure URL sets off alarm bells so friends tell me with the same problems that I'm having: radio or song plays for a minute and then it's gone.
Is there a mixposure app? This goes for all systems, Android or IOS, makes no difference.
Maybe it's typical for Holland, some kind of server trouble. I asked lots of friends to come over to mix radio or listen to audio, not just my own but of people I like, and there's trouble all over the place.

People give up easily when something doesn't work.
But I despise the commercial playlists more and more, Soundcloud used to be the last stronghold to not succumb to advertising or even (!) just giving teasers of songs unless you join SoundcloudGo for $10 a month.

I LOVE mixposure but it's very hard to work with here, on pc or Mac no problem, but cell phone says no, at least here in holland.
updated by @harry-v-singer-songwriter: 10/10/17 03:23:07PM
Admin
Admin
@admin
7 years ago
128 posts
Hey Harry - Thanks for the feedback.

1. From mobile I go into chat - click mobile version - click play button and I am good. I went through three songs without it failing. I do not have an android though. Is this what you are doing for mobile?
2. Our mail goes through a third party and I did find that it is on a few blacklisted sites. I informed our mail provider to have them fix it.
3. Mixposure is responsive design so it resizes in any browser. Apps are expensive as hell to maintain so most companies will not build apps unless they have an in-house development team.

I use an iPhone with latest O/S.
Admin
Admin
@admin
7 years ago
128 posts
They changed my ip for mail - can you try again?
Admin
Admin
@admin
7 years ago
128 posts
also ran some tests pinging mixposure from multiple destinations.
harryv1
harryv1
7 years ago
3 posts
Thanks for all the trouble you took. I'm sure after all you tested it will be "provider related", like in my own case. I had a long phonecall wit my provider today, it turns out I'm in an unlucky building with an outdated network - they will have to update it this year but they have been putting this off as long as they could. It would involve (as they tell me but I'm not too technical) rewiring the entire building. Ok, what do I know? I just tried, last week, to listen to a show on tuesday 8 your time, over here that's 4 in the night. I could not keep it playing, not in chat, not without chat - in both cases it just stopped. All I know for sure now (since my health is getting better I'm on line more) there are many tiny off line happenings here, a fraction of a second, half a second, stuff like that.
So I guess the faults are on the receiving end. However, on Macbook it is better - at least it comes back after a drop pout. Thanks for telling me. I hope some day a mixposure app will be available, I have to say that apps make f.i. looking/listening to youtube, soundcloud, and reverbnation a bit easier.
After all the tests you ran I say this ticket is closed and I thank you for all the energy you put into it!
One thing always works: sharing mixposure tracks on facebook. For now that's fantastic. You guys work with love and a conversation like we had the last few days is impossible on Soundcloud and Youtube. I hope you (mixposure) will always be this customer friendly. God bless you guys for the wonderful people and the fine friendships I found here that also work outside mixposure.
Thank you so much!
updated by @harry-v-singer-songwriter: 10/11/17 12:52:10PM
Admin
Admin
@admin
7 years ago
128 posts
Not a problem. Do me a favor though? Next time you are out near a coffee shop or somewhere with wifi, connect to their network and see how you do. Let me know if it was better, worse or no change.

Thanks

Tags

Dislike 0