Mixposure
@mixposure

Steve Gilmore and In No Sense - Primal set for release

SG
SG
@steve-gilmore-and-in-no-sense
9 years ago
70 posts
While I've been recording my new (solo) album, I haven't neglected the In No Sense side of my musical equation. Steve Gilmore and In No Sense's last album 'The Instrumental Rasta' was released almost a year ago now, and you know I like to keep busy on that side of things. I got some really nice comments on the material on Instrumental Rasta and it's style, and I'm happy to say that the new material is in the same musical vein. The new album - called 'Primal' - is going to be released - as usual - a track at a time starting in the next few days; and it's a 14 track album there will be plenty to get your ears round.

While Instrumental Rasta was kinda/sorta reggae/dub, Primal is - if anything - darker and much, much dubbier than it's predecessor and going by my usual album gestation period this album ranks of one of the longest to make ever. It's taken me almost two years and God knows how many mixes to get the results I was after. As an experiment, this time I went and got vocal stems from Jamaican rappers and producers so I could actually make songs with meaning and additional depth, therefore the whole album is liberally flavoured with the vocals of Don Goliath, Piracy, Kontent, Jah Rooti, ADX, Penti, Mastajay and Trinity amongst others.

Tracks coming along shortly...
SG
SG
@steve-gilmore-and-in-no-sense
9 years ago
70 posts
Track 1 is up - as a video - right now
http://www.mixposure.com/steve-gilmore-and-in-no-sense/youtube/3667/primal-tk1-it-starts-with-you

Downloadable audio tracks coming shortly

Tags

Dislike 0